In order for us to conduct an Equifax on your tenant, we require 2 fully verified documents:
- Tenant's government-issued photo ID
- Completed Rental Application and Consent Form
Please find below a list of requirements that must be met for each document before we are able to conduct the Equifax credit pull:
Tenant's Government Issued Photo ID MUST:
- Be a photo ID issued by a US or Canadian government body - see list of acceptable documents HERE
- Their photo
- Their full name*
- Their Date of Birth
- An expiry date (must not be expired)
*If they have a maiden and/or alias name that is different from their birth name, please include both in the Credit Request to help us verify their identity.
The completed Rental Application MUST:
- Be clear and legible
- Include the tenant's full name as it appears on their ID
- Be signed and dated within the past 30 days
- Be for the rental property listed in the Credit request
- Includes signed a signed consent for that clearly states that the Landlord's agent and/or representative has permission to pull credit
If any of the above criteria for either the Tenant ID document or the Rental Application are not met, you will be asked to provide better documentation before we can conduct the credit check on your tenant.
This information is important to allow you to remain compliant with Equifax's consent requirements.
- What kind of consent do I need from the tenant for the Naborly Credit Report?
- How to replace my unverified documents?
- What documents do I need to provide for a Naborly Credit Report request?