If you receive financial support from a member of your family to supplement your income, please follow the advice below to correctly state your income and provide verifiable income documents.
1. In the Financial Information section of the application, please select Family Support from the Income Source drop-down menu.
2. In the Documents section of the application, you are required to provide 2 specific documents. To verify your family support income please provide both:
- A Letter of Family Support and
- Your Bank Statement showing deposits into your account.
Document Requirement for Family Support Income
Letter of Family Support: Showing your full name, how much money you are receiving from that family member and how frequently you receive it, the name of the family member, their contact information, and their signature. The amount stated in the letter must match the amount shown in your bank statement and what you stated in your Application.
Here is an example of a verifiable letter of family support:
Bank Statement (Full Monthly Statement):
A Bank Statement MUST show:
- Your full legal name as stated on the Application
- Deposits that match the amount claimed in the family support letter
- Be dated within the past 30 days