If you are acting as the Guarantor/Co-Signer for somebody who wants to rent, you will need to complete a Naborly Rental Application.
Important: for the purpose of a Naborly Application, a Guarantor is an individual who is not living in the property but is either:
- responsible for paying the applicant's rent
- responsible for paying the applicant's rent if they miss a rental payment
Tip: if you are a Tenant who wants to apply with a Guarantor, please contact the Landlord/Property Manager to discuss this further, and ask them to send a Naborly Application to your Guarantor.
There are some questions that won’t apply to you and this is how we’d like you to answer them:
- Under Personal Information > Is there anything else you would like to include about yourself as an applicant to Naborly? please answer "I am acting as a Guarantor for [applicant's name]"
- Under Rental Property > How much are you paying of the monthly rent? please enter the monthly rent that the applicant will be paying.
- Please fill out the rest as if you were a tenant for this specific property.
- Under Occupants > Roommates please include the names of the people who will be living with the applicant who's rent you are Guaranteeing
- Occupants > Pets, you do not need to include details of your pets.
- Under Address History > Current Address > Why are you moving? please select "Other"
Note: we are currently working on a new Application template for Guarantors to make this process more simple. It should be launched shortly and we will keep you informed.